It’s a great feeling when our tickets come through for a band you’ve been dying to see. Real estate are a rock band from Ridgewood New Jersey formed in 2009 who had a brilliant album called “Atlas” in 2014 and have recently followed it up with “In Mind”
They are quite chilled and the track “talking backwards” off Atlas does have an early Stone Roses feel about it.
Just need the 13th June to happen now……. maybe see you there?
Well this is my first real attempt at a blog so it may ramble for a bit as I go but wanted to give you a true representation of me and what I am about.
I am not better than anyone else, and in life we all see things differently, for example I can’t speak a foreign language (and I’ve tried) yet some people can. They aren’t better or worse than me but I value their input when I need it. The same can be said for clothing and with this blog I am just giving my input.
So today I am on the train into London for work and looking around there are just so many examples of poorly dressed lads that could do with a little refinement but obviously don’t realise it or know what to do to change it. I fully appreciate its early and you just want to get out the house (I do too) but I want to share these quick learnings to potentially offer some help……
So a couple of immediate No-No’s to get started
- Navy Suit and Black shoes is not a great look, get some brown or tan shoes
- If you do listen to point 1 get a belt that matches. Black belt and brown shoes is not good
- If the option is there, wear a belt. Trousers without is just plain weird
- Chinos with black work shoes – Shoot me now
See how easy it is to refine and style when you know how.
I don’t want everyone going out and buying designer clothes either, that isn’t going to look any better without the basics and will just be a more expensive disaster.
Work train basics
- If you’ve got a work satchel/Briefcase – Match the colours with the accessories (Belt and Shoes)
- If you have a coat with a suit make sure it’s not a Parker, you need a more refined overcoat
- Socks need to match, yes most of the time you can’t see them but when they make and appearance don’t get caught out. (Match the shoes)
- Rule of thumb – Blue Suit with Brown Shoes, Grey Suit with Black Shoes, Black Suit with Black Shoes (matching belts and bags remember)
- Chinos are always a tricky one and need more work depending on the nature of the overall look but as a rule of thumb I dress mine with a brown shoe, it’s just easier that way
Now don’t feel awkward if this is you, it happens. Let’s remember that tomorrow is another day and if you’ve put it right then well done you.
Good luck and thanks for reading
This belt is a great addition for just £13. They work so well with denim.
Everyone needs a “go to” white shirt. I always have at least 2 and they get worn LOADS. The brand “Folk” fit so well and look amazing. Check out this grandad shirt for inspiration.
Grandad Shirt – White
Every bloke needs brown and tan shoes in their wardrobe…… looking smart means getting the basics right first
Every house needs some sort of unique touch…. ladies and gentlemen I give our “Our fridges”
Great piece of bespoke artwork from a local lad in St Albans. Encapsulates the whole Stone Roses feel on canvas